Sign up for the Kenya Data Launch Webinar
MFTransparency started publishing the true costs of microfinance loans in specific countries in October 2009. On June 29th 2010 we will host a webinar to launch and discuss our latest data from Kenya.
We invite you to participate in this webinar to discuss the Transparent Pricing Initiative in Kenya.
The discussion will address a number of questions, including:
- How do banks and MFIs respond when asked to report their interest and fees publicly in a common APR or EIR format?
- How does the shape of the price curve for Kenya differ from other countries? In the pilot countries Bosnia and Cambodia we have seen the expected relationship that the average price of loans increases as loan sizes get smaller. Does the market in Kenya adhere to this same relationship? What similarities and disparities can be drawn between Kenya and other markets?
- What factors seem to be driving prices in Kenya?
- What are some common pricing practices in the Kenyan market and what are their implications for clients?
- How much variation is there in price on loans of similar size in the microfinance market of Kenya, and how might transparency change prices over time?
- How can the new pricing data be used to enact meaningful change in the local microfinance market?
We will be using GoToMeeting to host this webinar so that you will be able to follow our graphs of the data and send us your questions about it. You will need to register with GoToMeeting in advance. Please click on the following link to register as soon as possible, since places are limited.
Title: MFTransparency Kenya Data Launch
Date: Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Time: 10:00am–11:30am EDT (5:00pm–6:30pm Nairobi, 4:00pm–5:30pm CEST, 7:30pm–9:00pm Delhi)
We look forward to discussing the Kenya data with you on June 29!
The Transparent Pricing Initiative in Kenya is sponsored by MicroNed